Monday, January 21, 2013

Meditation Monday


Today is the first day of Meditation Monday.  I started meditating a couple of years ago.  It was a way to relive stress and calm myself down.  I also used mediation to get my mind thinking in different ways.

Meditation is very easy and does not take a lot of time.  I do a ten minute meditation everyday.  You do not have to sit up right with your legs in a pretzel.  Meditation is all about being confortable and aware.  To start you need to find a comfortable position. I tend to sit in my chair, feet on the ground.  You then have to slowly close your eyes and start breathing deeply in and out.  To start clearing your mind of thoughts, you need to concentrate on your deep breathes.  I then use a guided meditation   I find these on YouTube.  There are some short ones and some really long ones.  Lately I have been using a chakra guided meditation.  Chakras are energy centers in your body.  This meditation is ten minutes and aims to relieve stress and energize you for the day.


Today I was lucky enough to share my meditation with Katie, because she was home from work in honor of Martin Luther King Jr.  I suggest you try it, it really helps relax you before a stressful day.

Have a great monday!

-Hari

In case the link above does not work for any reason, you can find this week's meditation that Katie and I did this morning here.

No comments:

Post a Comment